Details about our Bilingual Post-Secondary Business Diploma
This course could be the right next step for you if you
- already have an Austrian Matura and would like to add business subjects to be more successful on the job market
- already have a non-Austrian high school diploma and are looking for a qualification which will help you transition to a job in business in Austria
- already have a Matura-level qualification from Austria or elsewhere and would like to prepare for further studies at a business university or a university of applied science (FH) in Austria.
An Austrian Matura or equivalent university entrance qualification from another country.
Please note that the course is taught 50% in English and 50% in German. Applicants must show that they have sufficient language skills to proceed with the course. Relevant certificates can be submitted, or entrance interviews are possible for applicants with good language skills but no, or insufficient, formal qualifications.
Applicants must be at least 17 years of age.
Information about course
The course is based on the CLIL concept (Content and Language Integrated Learning) where almost all subjects are taught in English and German. The course is taught by native speakers of English and German who teach in teams of two in each subject. This cooperative approach means optimal input and interactive potential for all students. An important focus of the course is personal development, with soft skills such as business communication and teamwork. The course has an international orientation and a graduate of the course is well prepared for the challenges of an increasingly multicultural and diverse job market in Austria and beyond.
Overview of syllabus
|Pflichtgegestand||1. Sem.||2. Sem.||3. Sem.||4. Sem.||Summe|
|Customer Orientation & Business Behaviour||1||1||2|
|English incl. Business English||3||2||2||2||9|
|2nd foreign language||4||4||4||4||16|
|Business Training, Projektmanagement||1||1||10|
Possible areas of specialization
- Human Resources and Diversity Management
- Management for International Trade
An additional course on SAP (accounting software) is offered in the 2nd semester. Students can take electives, e.g. another foreign language, for example, Russian or Chinese; Cambridge English Certificate preparation classes; courses in soft skills – Cultural Tutor or Personal Potential Development.